June 18

Lines of Communication OPEN!

Working summers sometimes stinks, but when it comes to gathering resources, it can be a treasure trove!  Casual conversations have turned into me asking….well can I have that? (score a table and six rolling chairs)

I’ve e mailed our district technology coordinator because I heard a rumor that there were some ceiling speakers sitting around from a school demolition.  This e mail did two things:

1.  I think I’m getting speakers for my Innovation Zone.

2.  He now knows what I’m doing and is interested in seeing the final product.  I HOPE he casually mentions it to the superintendent. 🙂

I’ve also talked about it to my principal and any unfortunate teacher who still happens to be in the building.  They are now aware of the new space being created and have commented on how “cool” students will think it is.

I think word of mouth will help me publicize and gain momentum.  Custodians are curious as I request that my desk be moved out and central office is aware because of the e mail with the district technology department and our principal is on board because he helped me dismantle the circulation desk.  He also gave me some ideas re: a wireless keyboard and mouse so students can share typing responsibilities.

Here is a sketch of the plan.

Sketch of the finished space

Sketch of the finished space

Posted June 18, 2014 by jwebbschs in category Uncategorized

About the Author

Library Media Specialist for 15 years. NBCT.